Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Love Tea! Oh, AND FREE RESOURCES!!

This is the beautiful tea-pot my husband gave me for Christmas. I love it! I was so excited to read that January is National Hot Tea Month! I cannot tolerate coffee with this pregnancy, so I am back to one to two cups of tea a morning. Thanks for sharing Kim!

Some new resources have arrived! Senari Academy has a whole slew of FREE games and activities. Bingo games for the month are Rhode Island, Maryland, Louisiana, California, Nevada and State Outlines.

Language Arts games will be ongoing for the next few months. Color-Coding and diagramming as proved a great tool both for the classroom and homeschoolers since it provides a visual way for students to learn grammar and thought patterns in English.

January features the Sentence Board, a reference tool, practice lessons and manipulatives for the Noun-Verb Pattern. The lessons and manipulative integrate Catholic/Christian sentences, and they are in Word format so you can enter your own sentences if you wish.

Catholic games include Saints and Feast Days bingo for January and February, and matching games for the Baltimore Catechism – Lessons 3, 4, 5, and 6.and some video tutorials and power point presentations on the slope and equation of a line, Make it Math, Using Study Units, Phonics and Spelling, and a Mountain Ranges worksheet.

Thank You Mrs. O'C!

From Marti in Olympia, thanks for all the handwriting resources! One even has animated instruction! Check them all out in my homeschool resource section on the right side of my blog. I'm loving the resources, and loving browsing them even more with a hot cup of tea!

Thanks ladies, keep it coming!
Mrs. Murphy

Another addition! The Kids Know it Network is awesome! It has all kinds of FREE stuff on: animals, astronomy, biology, chemistry, dinosaurs, geography, geology, history, human biology, math, memory and spelling - WOW! Thanks Ruthanna from CVA!

No comments: