Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Suffering

There are so many kinds of suffering, physical, emotional, mental... yet they can all be so painful. I've noticed while immersed in the health care world, this new world of alternative medicines, healing and all out scams. So many are working to profit in the business of eliminating SUFFERING.

But what is wrong with suffering? Really? Why do we fight so hard to escape it, sometimes at a cost that creates more suffering than we began with? Is THAT a lesson itself? I implore you, know this is the devil at work. These are the wolves in sheep's clothing leading you AWAY from Christ and God's love.

If Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, then it is the truth that God has already created our end, and the after, and put it all in an amazing book called the BIBLE.

I call on all of you truly embrace your suffering, and instead of trying to escape it, offer it up to Christ, for look how He suffered for us. Not only was He crucified, it is often forgotten or overlooked that in those three days before His glorious resurrection He also suffered in HELL.

Our relationship with God will never always be peaceful, or that fuzzy warm feeling after deep prayer, but it will always be a relationship, real. Christ himself, a part of God but made man even questioned "Why has thou forsaken me?" He shows the world His human side, we are all human, we will all suffer, but what we do with that suffering is what will nurture our relationship with God.

For more reading and scripture links on how God wants us to deal with suffering, click HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE.

God Bless You,
Mrs. Murphy

2 comments:

Gae said...

Dear Mrs Murphy,
how I have been blessed by reading your posts.
This is a great Lenten post as I am still in the organising of my plans. I have been blessed, as I will share on my own blog this Ash Wednesday by some circumstances that teach me to 'count it all joy'
God Bless and praying you have a fruitful Lenten season.

Sherry said...

Amen, and again I say Amen! Well written my dear friend.