Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello Again!

I'm surviving! We are settled in El Paso with the most amazing people, I couldn't have created more God loving and generous friends. Thank you, thank you, a thousand times thank you!

I finished my chemo treatments in November, got the holidays off, and just finished daily radiation on Thursday! We had a party this weekend with drinks and pupus to thank everyone who has helped with the kids, with meals, with prayers and with just being amazing people.

In the meantime, I have a mothers helper who has been living with us since I began the chemo and with her help I know things would never have run as smoothly as it has been. It has been such a blessing to have a consistent "big sister" here to help with the homeschooling and the twins as I have had one or MORE doctor appointments a DAY for the past several months....hence my reluctance and attention span to blog!!

The one thing I have the time to post about is a notice about the Susan Koman Breast Cancer program. I was motivated to create a team and be in the "Walk For the Cure". Well, thanks to a friend I now know that Susan Koman is pro-choice and donates hundreds of thousands of dollars of those "raised funds for research" to Planned Parenthood a YEAR. Her published excuse was to allow breast exams at Planned Parenthood, but COME ON, what is that place really for?

Click HERE for one article, and HERE for another. I was so disappointed to find this out, but another great friend started looking into other options to support cancer research in respect to ALL life, and I will post those.

God Bless you all! Babies need to be fed!
Mrs. Murphy

1 comment:

Tami said...

Mrs. Murphy,
My name is Tami, I moved to Washington last spring. I am on the Catholic Homeschool loop, which is how I came to know of you and your family. I have prayed for you and your beautiful girls. I am so glad to hear you are doing okay. May God continue to heal your body, and bless your family.