Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fools Day

Tomorrow is April 1st, AKA April Fools Day. So what I am posting today is NO JOKE.

Last year I was googling about something Catholic Homeschooling and was blasted with "bad" sites, pictures, spam and spyware in SECONDS. It over took everything and looked like my screen was exploding. I just pulled the plug from the wall, and well, it never could start again without all this stuff flooding the screen.

We paid hundreds of dollars to some geeks to take it to their shop and remove all the spyware and viruses etc and retrieve our data....the whole thing was a nightmare. (Completely separate and different situation from the Best Buy/Geek Squad deal...)

So, when you see these warnings about April Fools Day viruses, they are REAL. Oh, we had firewalls and scanners and all that stuff....it didn't matter. So, just to be safe, Mrs. Murphy will not even be turning it on for the whole day tomorrow!

And yes, it's because my name is MURPHY!!

No comments: